[Update : 11/06/20]
In line with the latest government measures and institutional decisions, ULiège Library has taken new measures.
The following measures are effective since this Monday, October 26th onwards:
- all locations are open from Monday to Friday, until 17:00. The ventilation break between 12:30 and 13:00 is maintained;
- saturday openings are temporarily suspended;
- all locations will be closed on November 2 and 3.
Keep in mind that, in certain locations, seats are only available after booking via our booking system.
Our priority is to remain able to welcome you on our sites and to ensure the continuity of our services. Maintaining services at a « normal » level will however be difficult. Some locations may exceptionally have to close for a few hours, up to a day.
You will be informed of how these measures may develop:
- on our website;
- on Twitter;
- on Facebook;
- on MyULiège, via the student portal.
Access to the libraries
Seats are reserved for:
- ULiège / CHU staff members;
- ULiège students.
In certain locations, seats are only available after booking via our booking system.
For the safety of all, we ask you to:
- wear a mask for the entire duration of your visit;
- respect a safety distance of 1m50 between people;
- only sit in the designated seats;
- disinfect your work table after use. Equipment will be made available for this purpose. The same applies to public computer keyboards (disinfection or removal of the protective cellophane).
We are planning to:
- ventilate the rooms from 12:30 to 1:00 pm and, for the facilities which open in the evening, also from 4:30 to 5:00 pm. All users will have to leave the library during these periods;
- limit the occupancy of the facilities to approximately 50% of their usual capacity, which may vary according to the spaces’configuration.
Seats have to be booked via our booking system in the following locations:
- Accueil et Salle de lecture (20-Août);
- Léon Graulich;
- Santé – CHU;
- Patrimonial collections room.
No entry will be allowed without this reservation. Take the confirmation email with you so that the Uliège Library staff can check it.
You are asked to limit your presence on site to what is strictly necessary, so as not to prevent other users from working there.
Collaborative rooms are not currently available. This may change as soon as the health situation allows it.
Some of these rooms may be opened to accommodate individual readers.
Some libraries have desks equipped with computers at your disposal.
Please note that in some places, the seats for the computers must be booked via our reservation tool.
Consultation of documents
The access conditions to the documents on the shelves and storage are normal.
In some facilities, certain seating is reserved for users who need to work on documents stored there.
In the facilities concerned by the reservation tool, these seats can be reserved in advance by choosing the dedicated category.
Loan and return of documents
The loan and return of documents are normal in all locations, for all categories of readers, including external users.
Registrations and re-registrations
Registrations and re-registrations of users who are not members of the ULiège university community are possible, but these users are currently not allowed to study at the library.
We thank you for your understanding and will keep you informed of the development of these measures.
We remain at your disposal should you encounter any particular difficulty in these difficult times.
Respect the protective and safety measures, take care of yourself and your loved ones. These difficult moments will one day be behind us!
The ULiège Library team